It can be intimidating to sculpt fantasy miniatures, even if you have some artistic experience. Working at that scale, every little mistake could be a disaster! But in this 15-part video tutorial, you'll learn how to make your mini figures turn out looking great, every time.
Sketch pad and pencils
Children's clay (Play-doh, etc.)
ProCreate Epoxy (sculptor's putty)
1. First sketch your design in your sketchbook, working out the details.
2. Make a wire skeleton, then do a large, crude mock-up with the children's clay, to give you an idea how the design looks in 3D.
3. Make another wire skeleton, then sculpt a large, more detailed mock-up using the Super Sculpey.
4. Mix together the epoxy and sculpt the small, final version of your design. The Epoxy hardens fairly soon, so you don't have long to work. When it dries, you can sand it smooth and paint it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades